Update: unfortunately, the 2020 excavation season has been cancelled.
Join us this season as we begin a new campaign to explore the destruction of the lower city at Late Bronze Age Hazor!
Our new excavations at biblical Hazor during Summer 2020 will focus on the gateway and piazza in the lower city. Yadin excavated the eastern half of the gateway in the 1950s; the western half remains for us to uncover, including what promises to be up to two meters of destruction debris, which may hold answers to who destroyed Bronze Age Hazor and when. And the piazza, located just inside the gate, has never before been excavated!
Plan Your Visit
- We’ll be staying at a nearby kibbutz, with air-conditioned rooms and a swimming pool.
- The first half of the season (7-25 June) will be run by the University of Haifa and George Washington University.
- The second half of the season (28 June – 17 July) will be run by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Field School credits are available from the University of Haifa and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, respectively.
- Airfare and any costs incurred while traveling on weekends are not included.
Interested? What are you waiting for? We’re excited to welcome you. To apply for the first session (7-25 June), download the appropriate application below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for the second session (28 June – 17 July), , download the appropriate application below and send it to email@example.com.
Questions? Contact us using the “Get in Touch” form below. See also: https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/dig/hazor-lower-city/#detailsSec
Get in Touch
Hazor Lower City Excavations
Yossi Garfinkel and Michael Hasel; Assaf Yasur-Landau and Eric H. Cline
Send Us a Message
Copyright Hazor Lower City Excavations – All rights reserved